The site will be going down for further maintenance in the coming days...Expect more changes!

Forza League Suggestions

Everything Forza; chat till you heart is content! Feedback and Input welcome!
Tatertots2211
Forza Moderator
Forza Moderator
Medals: 1
Xbox Live Gamertag: Tatertots2211
:
FM6 Season 1 Most Fastest Laps

Forza League Suggestions

#1 Post by Tatertots2211 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:05 am

As I spoke to you all about it briefly I thought the feedback was quite good, so I'd like to go ahead and throw this thread out there to see how people feel about certain race criteria.

1st question in mind - Duration of the race: So far I've averaged the races between 30-45 minutes (Seems to be around 15-22 laps depending on the circuit). How do people feel about the current format of that or should we extend the time spent racing?

2nd question in mind - How many races in a season or do we keep to how the current track situation works?

3rd question in mind - Fastest lap bonus points, now this I'm raising myself. How do people feel about it, do you want to continue it? Would you like the amount of points lowered? Or is it fine and gives you something to strive for if you've had a bad race and aren't fighting for a podium?

4th question in mind - What do we do next season? Is there any particular car you want to specifically use or a particular real life racing series the game already has implemented into it (like the V8 Supercars we're using now)? I personally thought those Jag D-Types were awesome though, not just that but I feel with slower cars the people who aren't so comfortable and used to the game can have a learning curve and come to grips with the way the mechanics work without throwing them straight in an almost maxed out S Class PI car. I also want to stay away from AWD unless it's Le Mans etc however I feel that series may be further down the line due to the skill level.

I'm after fun, something we can all love and enjoy without the competition aspect of it taking over as that's what makes a racing league sour and bitter. So far it seems everyone has been enjoying Season 3 and I'd like to keep that momentum and attitude going.

Let me know what you think guys, cheers!
Tom

Hammerpgh
Medals: 2
Xbox Live Gamertag: Hammerpgh
:
G2 - S3 Constructors Champions
Team of the Season

Re: Forza League Suggestions

#2 Post by Hammerpgh » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:21 am

Definitely up for a series in those D Type Jags, that few laps was some serious fun.

Number of races, I think this current one is about 8 isn't it and that seems perfect as its enough time to get used to the car and make for a good points battle but not too much to make it stale.

Race length right now seems about right to me for a midweek series. Maybe it could be upped a tad to take it to an hour racing but eitherbis fine for me. Fun but with sone decent competition to boot.

Fastest lap bonus points.. Damn!! If only I had known ;) its nit going to trouble me anytime soon so whatever is fine... How about slowest lap bogey points ;p

Tatertots2211
Forza Moderator
Forza Moderator
:

#3 Post by Tatertots2211 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Yeah I personally felt the amount of races was good, not only that but we can progress to another league quite quickly afterwards keeping people interested. I feel an hour is a good amount however I'd like more peoples view on it as it could be too much for others.

I ask about the fastest lap bonus points as I have had every fastest lap, because of that in addition with the wins I have quite a high amount of points. However on the flip side it takes me to finish last with no fast lap, and someone could finish first with fastest lap and they could catch up by 30-40 points...

It's all up for discussion which is why I wanted to do this, the league has slowly grown and we have more interested people so I would rather we all enjoy it together.

Tatertots2211
Forza Moderator
Forza Moderator
:

#4 Post by Tatertots2211 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:32 pm

BUMP

Otherwise I'm just going to go off my own head, this season is almost over and I want the Forza side to grow as much as possible up to the Forza 7 release. I think we could stretch to 2 seasons depending on interest, but interest is all down to you and what you want from the league.

Please use this thread, the Official V8 thread and whatever else I throw up. It's for your own benefit and that's why it's there.

Cheers,
Tom.

Hammerpgh
Xbox Live Gamertag: Hammerpgh
:
G2 - S3 Constructors Champions
Team of the Season

#5 Post by Hammerpgh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:12 am

Just go with what you think Taters.. as long as it's in those D-Type's ;) They are just too much fun to not run a series with. There's plenty of tracks I have not run in this game so i'll be happy enough to try any of them.

Neale2
Xbox Live Gamertag: Nealson67
:
Team of the Season
FM6 Formula E

#6 Post by Neale2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:32 am

Think jaguars were a bit slow if interest is to be kept, needs something faster and fun to drive . Just saying but have no suggestions to a alternative so up to you tom.
Nealson67