F1 2020 - Discussio...

Notifications
Clear all

F1 2020 - Discussion to be Had!  

RSS
(@cotty)
Admin

Evening!

First and foremost, thanks to those who've voted in the recent Tweet Poll relating to a midweek race being included.

What i accept is that random strangers can in fact vote on that so i'm not reading too much into the results, but it gives us an indication of whether this is a viable interest of drivers be it now, or in the future.

I'd like to develop the conversation on it for those who are willing and get their feedback; regardless of whether its a positive or in fact a negative. i'm curious to get thoughts on it.

We're also looking at a few things outside of the mid-week race aspect.

This includes the consideration in pushing our races back 15 minutes to 9.15pm (not set in stone). This is purely to make sure we're garnering as many drivers as possible who are competitive and want to race. We've got other areas we want to utiliise through the season (we're also looking at extending the length of the season) and we'd love it if you guys got involved with that when it comes about!

Other areas i'd like to discuss would be the development of Teams. We have the official constructors, however is there a want / need for those who want to develop a team, have reserve drivers and want to compete under their own banner / badge / colours?

Christ, our team would return to using the "Drunken Bums" team name and this is another area to open up and discuss!

Anyways, get involved, discuss and give us your thoughts, your wants and needs for us as a site!

Cotty

Posted : 14/07/2020 6:20 pm
(@oneseventyout)

Just a quick response, can't do 2 races a week and prefer to just stick to constructors 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2020 8:09 pm
Cotty liked
(@pur3_complex)

Hi,

Hope people are well. For me I’d like to continue with just a single race every week, the day doesn’t affect me too much but two per week feels too much as I like to play other games, mainly in the evenings, and I’m not sure I would be committed to do every race if that was the case.

As for start time, I feel like if there are specific issues then we could push the start back, but I don’t really want to be too tired while we are racing. I think if people have reasons why they wouldn’t be able to do 9, and 915 is better for them then go for it because I’d rather have them be able to race, otherwise 9 is preferable for me.

How would the team idea work? Would that be a site based thing or would we be able to have our own badges and liveries in game.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 4:55 pm
(@cotty)
Admin

@pur3_complex sorry for not replying sooner mate, been busy with work.

They're certainly fair comments and something i'm conscious of (and also in the same boat) but wanted to ask the question(s) nevertheless.

I know from last season we had a few MIA due to things like VFL competitions and i know from the likes of the guys sending messages to us apologising because they've got big games on, they don't want to miss either game or race.

I'm not daft in thinking we're going to be competing with those sorts of sites in terms of providing an ultimatum (them or us), we know what will happen. Even if it means moving things by five or ten mins then i'd like people's feedback.

The number of race days seems to be a good discussion; one in which i thought more would want more races, but i appreciate that again, there's other communities that people race in and not only that, as you say, its about enjoying the gaming so wholly take that on board.

Ref the teams aspect; i've not ventured into the game mode as of yet, but will at some point once work settles so liveries etc in game, not 100% sure.

We've previously discussed this in the past behind the scenes and tbh, we've veered away from it, but with F1 eSports being a big thing during the lockdown its reared its head again as such and something i'm in the throws of developing behind the scenes.

I'll put something up soon and see where it takes us once we've ironed over some of the areas.

In the meanwhile, any thoughts etc, let me know.

Cheers Complex,

Cotty

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2020 10:21 pm
(@supa_koopaman)

Could there be the possibility of an F2 league for the reserve drivers.. so they can stay involved whilst waiting for an F1 seat??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 2:14 pm
(@cotty)
Admin

If there were numbers, yeah that's something that we'd love to do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 9:12 am
(@supa_koopaman)

@cotty count me in towards that then until a seat comes up 👍🏻

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 8:50 pm
(@supa_koopaman)

Also where’s the best place for chats and discussions as the forum seems quiet.. I’ve been on the last few days but nobody seems to be about?? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 8:54 pm
(@cotty)
Admin

Site's quiet anyways however its "close" season as such so this is contributing to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2020 8:41 am
(@supa_koopaman)

@cotty ok but where do I go for chats about F1 and stuff.. like the build up to racing on here etc ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2020 12:48 pm
(@pur3_complex)

There isn’t really anything at the moment Supa. Though I wouldn’t mind us getting the discord back up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2020 1:04 pm
(@cotty)
Admin

@pur3_complex @supa_koopaman

I'll sort out Discord tonight guys, it was asked by @bananaboxx in the past. I could also re-enable the site chat if that was of interest but it doesn't give the notification features like Discord.

I'll get something put out on Twitter ASAP with the info.

Cheers for wanting to get involved and make things better!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2020 5:59 pm
Share: